Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme by Government of India under the National Rural Health Mission which all State will have to implement under RCH II for urban as well as rural areas.
Target Group & Criterion
- To reduce over all maternal mortality ratio and infant mortality rate
- To increase institutional deliveries in BPL families
JSY, An Integrated Package
- All BPL pregnant women who are 19 years or above in age will be eligible for this scheme, upto two live birth
- Those women who hold a BPL card or BPL ration card holder or enlisted under Annapurna /Antyodaya Yojana or Pavement dwellers will also be entitled for the scheme
- Those certified as BPL by the concerned Commissioner/Councillor/MLA/MP will also be entitled for the scheme
Scale of Benefit
- Focusing on antenatal care from the beginning and identification of pregnancy related complication
- Providing appropriate referral to higher health facilities
- Building an effective link between Government machinery and pregnant woman
- Enhanced assistance for institutional delivery
- Devising quicker and timely disbursement of cash benefits
- Under the JSY scheme, all BPL enlisted pregnant women who have attained 19 years of age and upto two live births will be eligible for an amount of Rs. 500.00 (No certification for age or number of living children will be necessary for this.)
- An additional benefit of Rs.100.00 will be given to these women, if her delivery takes place in any government/municipal health facility.
Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital is a part of JSY under the guidance of Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal.